Saturday, November 27, 2010

Siena 9

Tuesday November 23, 2010
The view from Rosie's balcony in Siena.
I really don't have much to blog about today, since I spent all day inside trying to catch up on my blog - again. I'm just not going to be satisfied until I've documented my trip up to date, I like having things organised and complete. I am actually keen to hit the road again, I think I'll have to go by Thursday whether I'm ready or not. I think I'm outstaying my welcome at Rosie's place, but I'm very grateful to her and her housemates for having my stay so long, I've been here for almost a week and a half and the time has just flown by.
If I don't get going soon, I'm going to start losing fitness too. Already I've noticed that I've put on weight - seriously, I have noticeably more fat on my belly, and I don't like it at all! I'd be interested to weigh myself if I could find a set of scales.
We've had wet and showery weather for the last four or five days, so hopefully I'll get all the wet weather out of the way before I start riding again.
For quite some time now I've been having to put up with my pants continually falling down, since the button has come off on both my pairs of pants (I only brought two with me, and they're both exactly the same, except one pair is medium and one is small). Today Rosie kindly bought me some assorted needles from the 99 cents store, so I sewed the button back on each pair of pants using the cotton and buttons I found on the ground at a flea market in Brussels when I was there several weeks ago.
Rosie also had her exam today, which she's been studying hard for the past few days. She said it was so easy. It was a two hour exam, but she walked out after forty minutes because she couldn't add anything more to her responses.
I also got a call from Leah on Skype, who told me Silkom is really sick at the moment, and has either tonsillitis or glandular fever :(
Okay, since I haven't got much to say, I'll keep this one short and leave it at that.

Ride stats:
No riding

No comments:

Post a Comment