Saturday, November 27, 2010

Siena 7

Sunday November 21, 2010
Piazza del Camp, Siena.
A lazy Sunday, I rose at around mid-day again.
The Conix family had hired a five person car for their visit, but they had six in their family, and they were all heading out for a day trip. Then Rosanna went along with them as well, so it would have been so squishy inside the car with seven people in a little Italian five-seater car! So they were out having fun while I was stuck inside on the computer.
They went to visit the Terme di Petriolo (the hot springs), and even though the weather was a bit cold and wet, the terme would still have been good since the water temperature ranges from 34 degrees to 50 degrees. After that they went to a town called Montalcino, which is known for its red wine.
I just had the day to relax on my own. I spent part of the afternoon downloading some podcasts, finally. I got some podcasts of Dr Karl, John Saffran and Richard Kingsmill (all from triple j), and the podcasts recommended by Simon: WNYC Radiolab, The Economist, This American Life, and thought I'd give a few others a try: Mysterious Universe which Jim reckoned was meant to be good, Energy Weekly since I'm interested in energy, especially renewable energy, Hamish & Andy (they must be popular for a reason right?) and I thought I'd give a few ABC Radio National podcasts a try, the kind of stuff Dad always listens to in his work shop and in the Hilux on the farm (his radio is constantly on). It's good stuff, quite informative. So I'm looking forward to wrapping my ears around all these podcasts when I hit the road again.
Then I did some blog posts from when I was in France and Belgium. It's taking so long to catch up on the blog!
At 8 o'clock I went for a wander to find something to eat, and happened to stumble across Stijn, Sam and Mo in a pizzeria, so I tagged along with them for a while before walking home again. I hadn't picked up any food but I had some pasta at the flat so I cooked that up, and continued to blog into the night.

Ride stats:
No riding

No comments:

Post a Comment