Saturday, November 27, 2010

Siena 11

Thursday November 25, 2010
So today was to be my last day in Siena, I planned to head off the next morning, just had a few tasks to finish off, including finally getting the web-log up-to-date, which I worked on all day.
When you wake up at 1 o'clock and it gets dark at 4:30 pm, the days seem so short!
For tea I borrowed Rosie's Mensa card and went there on my own, since she'd gone to volleyball training.
Dinner at the Mensa in Siena.
After midnight, Rosie returned, with Sam, who despite being pretty tired was insisting that I come out since it was my last night in Siena. I still had a few things to organise (blog posting, buying supplies, washing, packing, downloading maps, backing up photos, booking a hostel for London) but I figured I could do that later. So we drank a bottle of wine between us while playing a cool little drinking card game that Sam taught us. Then we headed out at about 2:30 am, the bar was just closing but we caught lots of people we knew outside the bar and chatted to them.
Out the front of one of the bars in Siena. Sam Conix in the centre.
Out the front of one of the bars in Siena. Derick on the right.



Out the front of one of the bars in Siena. 

Afterwards we walked home again; I worked on my blog and backed up my photos, and got to sleep at about 7 am. Man, my sleeping pattern has gotten so out of whack. It's almost a full 180 degrees out of phase with the sleeping pattern I had in the week preceding my arrival in Vienna, where I was waking up at 6:30 am every day, as opposed to sleep at 6:30 am!
So I still have a few things to do tomorrow, it will probably be a late departure.

Ride stats:
No riding

No comments:

Post a Comment