Saturday, November 27, 2010

Siena 2

Tuesday November 16, 2010
Slept in until mid-day today, quite a rarity in recent weeks.
It was a very relaxed day again, I just hung out in Rosie's house using her laptop for things such as Facebook and further investigating couch surfing, while she was off in class learning Spanish. It's so good to have no commitments and to have the freedom to do whatever I like.
I didn't quite make it to the supermarket or the bike shop to investigate getting a new wheel. I hope it's not as difficult finding a 26 inch wheel as it is finding a 26x1.5 tyre, or I could be off the bike for a while.
Rosanna and I went to the other Mensa tonight, which I think was better than the one we went to last night. I borrowed Rosie's housemate Nani's Mensa card. There was so much choice, with such dishes as pizzas, pastas, kebabs, chicken and veggies, beef stew, quiche, etc. I would have eaten any of it, but what made our decision was the length of the queues. The pizza queue was the longest, the pasta was the shortest with three people, so we got pasta, and it was delicious, as good as what you'd get at a restaurant I reckon, for only €2. I guess these meals must be subsidised by the government. I wish I had access to this kind of thing in Melbourne!
After tea, Rosie had volleyball, and I thought I'd tag along to watch, just for the fun of it. The standard was pretty good actually; I'd love to have been able to join in.
Rosanna playing volleyball in Italy.
We rode back to the flat, Pedro had a bunch of people over for a bit of a party. They must have been quite loud because the police had been called by the neighbours, and so they were all just heading to the Piazza Del Campo (city square). There was heaps of left-over food that they'd prepared so I snacked on that, then played some guitar and blogged before getting to sleep after 3 am.

Ride stats:
Distance: 9.36 km
Average: 16.2 km/h
Maximum: 35.0 km/h
Time: 34:32

No comments:

Post a Comment