Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Staying With John Chant (part 3)

Monday September 13, 2010
The first task for today was to find a battery charger for my Canon Ixus camera. I didn't bring one with me, thinking I'd be able to charge it up with the bike via the E-Werk. However, I'd been unable to devise a suitable connection for it. So we headed off to Taunton, one of the nearby major towns, found a camera shop with a charger there, not cheap though, £35! I needed it though, so I bought it.
On the way home we stopped in at a village called Dowlish Wake, I think it was. Here we ate a delicious lunch at a teahouse at a cidery called Perry Brothers.
Eating lunch at Perry Brothers cidery.
Perry Brothers cidery, Dowlish Wake, Somerset.
The cidery had cider for sampling and for sale, as well as other products they produce on-site and get in from other local producers.
The cidery shop.
They had lots of different fruit ones and various expensive foods as you can see. If I had lots of money I'd buy heaps of things like these.
Some old ploughs out the front.
Some wicker animals out the front.
Some old equipment in the shed.
Some old equipment in the shed.
A bunch of old animal traps.
I got my hand caught in a rabbit trap once, it hurt a lot as you might expect.

The rest of the afternoon wasn't too eventful, just spent relaxing back at Johns. I was almost going to go for a bike ride since I hadn't been on the bike for three days, but didn't quite...
I cooked a pasta bake for tea and to take as left-overs for the next day as I was planning to head off. As comfortable as it was staying at Johns, I knew there were lots of places I wanted to see, so I was ready to get going.

Ride stats:
No cycling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment