Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Arrival in Singapore, departure to London

September 6 10:30 pm (Singapore time)
Okay time for blog post number two, since there is nothing else to do. So I am now overseas for the first time in my life! Safely landed in Singapore at Changi Airport. It was pretty cool seeing all the lights of the city approach as we came in, the place seems to be very dense, sky scrapers everywhere. The deceleration as we landed was pretty fun. Changi Airport is huge, seems to be three terminals here. I had no idea where I was going when I got off the plane... but managed to work it out. And they have these cool 'travelator' things that enable you to cover long horizontal distances quite quickly.
I just boarded the British Airways plane successfully. It's not as flash as the Airbus was though, it's smaller, everything looks older, the screens are smaller too. Not to worry though, I'll probably just go to sleep anyway, pretty tired, almost fell asleep watching Hurt Locker before. Oh, and I discovered the journalist before writes on health for magazines and newspapers in London. She's starting a project on the (negative) health effects of wireless or Wi-Fi internet and spoke to one of the guys who invented wireless from the CSIRO. Pretty cool huh?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Wifi was an acidentalthing I thought, they were wanting to use it for communicating with satellites but found it was no good but was very useful here on the ground, good ol aussie inventions.

    ReplyDelete